The Society of Critical Medicine, through its new THRIVE Initiative, is offering up to seven, $1,000 grants aimed at fostering a network of hospitals focused on developing post ICU clinics to provide comprehensive care to ICU survivors. The grant is not intended to fund ICU follow-up clinics, but rather to foster a co-learning experience through shared experiences. Recipients will share and gain knowledge in how to set-up and sustain a Post ICU Clinic and will have the opportunity to take a leadership role in growing the network. The grant should fund be applied to attend an in-person meeting and your internal data collection, for one year.
Goals of this collaborative will be to:
- Improve patient outcomes after ICU discharge
- Address post intensive care syndrome (PICS) using a multidisciplinary team
- Decrease readmission rates and morbidities
- Improve the quality of life for patients after critical illness
- Data collection on quality improvement